Saturday, December 1, 2007

I can not believe this!!!!!!!

My children attend an elementary school in Sevier county TN. My child came home yesterday and informed me that a TEACHER shoved him in the hallway just because she wanted to tell him to go back to class. The principal and the entire staff at this school seem to have a CYA thing going on and to be quite honest I am tired of it. I am giving this school one chance to prove that my child was not shoved, and if they cannot do that then guess what?........I am filing charges of assault on this loosely labeled teacher. Not only that but have any of you other parents noticed that the teachers today are dressing more for a night out than for a class room full of 10 year olds. And that more and more everyday they have more anger issues than the kids parents. Slamming doors, throwing books, screaming at kids. This is what's going on in our schools today people. What happened to OUR voice I for one am finding MINE. I would love to know if anyone else is dealing with this sort of thing on a daily basis. Please Join My Voice

3 comments:

Superman said...

A lot of this has to do with parents not teaching their children how to behave at school. If a child is bullying I think that that child should be disciplined.

As far as unprofessional conduct goes........a lot of this comes from the fact that we would rather spend money in Iraq than in our schools.

mehill4 said...

I have lived all around the US. The school’s are bad all over believe me. We have given the elite school board member’s the right to override parent’s authority. We have allowed the school system to preach and teach what they want not what we want. I have seen school’s teach sex ed to young children, allow profanity and even at times encourage the use of profanity. I have seen them take out prayer in school and put in the use of condom’s as a way of keeping our children from getting pregnant... we now have the highest rate of teen pregnancies in the world.. As well as sexually transmitted diseases. We allow the school systems to help our children find women’s clinic for abortions and birth control pills and not allow the parents to know about it.. even when it is possible for a child to die from infection after an abortion or to have an adverse reaction to the pill.. But the parent is not supposed to know… I have seen the breakdown of parent teacher contact... DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHO IS TEACHING YOUR CHILD??? AND BETTER YET... WHAT THEY ARE TEACHING YOUR CHILD??? Teachers have increasingly become more liberal in their teaching and more verbal on what is right and wrong... example was the teacher that was profiled on Bill O’Reilly the other night… the one that spoke against Christians and made outrageous remarks about what Christians are... while they are increasingly becoming more and more physical with our kids.. I mean physical in more ways then one… Get involved in who is teaching your kids and what they teaching..

Jesse D said...

Knoxville TN here - Mmmmm I'm definitely a liberal and don't agree with everything mehill4 said, but I think the original blogger raises some valid points. I am having issues with my nine year old daughter's teacher. I do not appreciate my child being grabbed by the chin and called out in front of her fourth grade class AFTER she'd already been *talked to* OUTSIDE of the class. I have repeatedly asked to come sit with the class and been turned down. What does this teacher not want me to know??? This teacher screams at these children all day. If you don't have patience to teach, and you don't want to be there GO HOME!! I agree with superman. "No child left behind, HAH!!